At Viasat Connect Belgium, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We aim at being GDPR compliant.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to GDPR@emixis.com or in writing to:
Viasat Connect Belgium
Data Compliance Officer – Mr. Vincent Greslebin
Rue du Bassin Collecteur 3
1130 Brussels – Belgium
What Data we Collect or Receive and how we use it:
From our Website visitors:
Voluntarily provided data:
We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily provide by filling out and submitting any of our web forms such as: Product inquiry, service request, questions, feedback, career opportunity, event registration or contact form.
- First and last name, company name, your email address, telephone number, country, opt-in, the information your requested or downloaded.
- In case of a chat we collect the above information plus the chat transcript.
We exclusively use this information to 1) provide and enhance our services, 2) answer any questions you may have, 3) provide the information or follow up actions you requested 4) inform you with regards to our products and services and 5) promote our products and services.
Automatically collected data, cookies:
From our End Users and Clients:
At the time we receive your order, during the account set up and when our Products are actually used, Viasat Connect Belgium collects and receives information from our Clients and/or their employees, contractors and/or End Users. We collect this information to ensure that we can communicate with our customers, that our Products can work as intended, that we continue to improve them and that we can provide high quality customer service. Personal Data collected or received in this manner includes, but is not limited to:
- For billing:
For both End Users and Clients: first and last name of contact person, company name and VAT number, billing address, phone number, fax number, email address, bank account number.
- During account activation:
- For each End User or Client, we create a specific customer account (“customer account”) where we collect End Users first and last name or Client’s company name and their reseller name.
- When End Users and Clients register their vehicles in their customer accounts, we collect: each vehicle’s license plate, model, type, brand, color and the default driver’s first and last name.
- For each End User’s customer account, we grant one user license and we register the following Personal Data (“user data”): first and last name, login name and password, email address, user type/role, language, user license expiration data and list of Product applications the user is granted access to.
- For each Client’s customer account, we register one or several individual contacts (For each contact we collect: first and last name, user name, phone number, e-mail address, function/title, language, role.
- In each Client’s customer account, the Client’s may register numerous individual Product users. Each Product user is granted by Viasat Connect Belgium one user license and we collect their “user data”.
- Each Client may register in their customer account a list of personnel who may be subject to Viasat Connect Belgium’ Activity Tracking and Location Based Services used in our Products. We use various technologies (wi-fi access points, GPS signals and others) to identify information about the personnel, the vehicle or the mobile device. This information (“Personnel Data”) includes but is not limited to: personnel first and last name, external ID, identification key, personal address, country, tracking activation status, work calendar, date and time stamp of usage (start/stop), actual geographic location visible on electronic map (POI), driving status and patterns.
The Personal Data collected or received from our End Users and Clients, including Personnel Data is used strictly for the purposes of: i) account billing, ii) account sign-up and authentication, iii) providing proper usage of Viasat Connect Belgium Products and customer service, iv) on-going communication about our company and our Products. If you choose to use Viasat Connect Belgium Products you specifically agree that we will use your Personal Data received or collected in this manner.
How we share your Personal Data
In addition, please note that if you purchased Viasat Connect Belgium Products from our reseller, the reseller may provide your Personal Data to Viasat Connect Belgium in order to activate your subscription for Products. In such case, you authorize the reseller to provide your Personal Data to Viasat Connect Belgium.
Further, we may share your Personal Data in a case when we sell or acquire any third-party business or assets or if substantial assets of Viasat Connect Belgium are sold to third party and when disclosure of your Personal Data is required by the buyer or seller.
The type of third parties with whom we share your Personal Data include the following type service providers: i) CRM and email, ii) payment and credit collection processing, iii) IT and customer support services, iv) Viasat Connect Belgium resellers, v) Viasat Connect Belgium website management services, vi) government or legal entities in order to comply with legal obligation.
Unless otherwise contractually agreed, we store your Personal Data for the duration of your relationship with us. Upon termination of your relationship with Viasat Connect Belgium, subject to any previous contractual agreement, your Personal Data will be deleted after 3 months from the date of termination.
Viasat Connect Belgium will take necessary precautions to provide on-going security and protection of your Personal Data. We implement systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risk of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. We limit access to your data only to individuals and service providers who are contractually acting on behalf or on the instructions of Viasat Connect Belgium and are bound by contractual agreements with Viasat Connect Belgium for provisions of specific services which require usage of your Personal Data. Companies and individuals who have been granted access to your Personal Data are aware of their responsibility to protect confidentiality, security and availability of your Personal Data.
To view our data security measures in more details please email your request to GDPR@emixis.com.
Control and access to your Personal Information
You retain all rights to your Personal Data. You may request at any time to access, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data with a simple mail to GDPR@emixis.com. It is important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your Personal Data, you will not be able to use our Products or may not be able to access some parts of functionality of our Website.
Although we hope you won’t ever need to, you may always file a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Commission: www.privacycommission.be.
We hope that we have answered any question you may have on this topic. Please let us know how we can further improve at GDPR@emixis.com.